Q Place guides are ideal for discussion and discovery. They are filled with questions that help everyone in the group to make close observations, solid interpretations, and meaningful applications. So instead of Bible study lessons, you have rich Bible discussions! And instead of sitting and absorbing what a teacher presents, everyone is actively engaged in Scripture, sharing, listening, and growing together.
When it comes to exploring the Bible, people are at many different stages. Some have never opened a Bible, some have a little Bible discussion experience, and some are practiced at it. That’s why we have guides on different levels and on different topics—to meet people where they are.
Use the list below to find a Q Place Bible discussion guide that fits your group’s level of experience, interest, and openness. The number of discussions is listed after each guide so you can find a fit for the timespan that your group has available.
Is your group new to the Bible?
Choose a Level 1 Bible Discussion Guide. Q Place Level 1 guides provide an entry point to the Bible, but they are definitely not “dumbed down.” Even group members who are experienced in Bible discussions will find that these guides make you think—without telling you what to think!
- Mark: Discover Jesus (18)
We highly recommend starting with Mark for the shortest, simplest account of the life of Jesus.
- The Book of Mark: The Story of Jesus – Simplified English (19)
This Bible study guide has easy-to understand questions and symbols to indicate the purpose of the questions. It also includes the entire Bible text of Mark in the simplified New Life Version. It is an ideal resource for groups or individuals who are English language learners.
- Acts: The Holy Spirit Changes Lives (24)
Acts is a great followup to Mark or any of the Gospels.
- Conversations with Jesus (8)
- Foundations for Faith: The Basics of Knowing God (9)
- Grief: God’s Help in Times of Sorrow (9) (InterVarsity Press)
- The Passion of Jesus: How One Week Changed the World (6)
- They Met Jesus: Life-Changing Encounters (8)
Does your group have some Bible study experience?
Choose a Level 2 Bible Discussion Guide. These build well on the foundation of the books and topics covered in Level 1 guides.
- Luke: A Physician’s Examination of Jesus’ Life (13)
- John: Believe and Live (26)
- Romans: A Reasoned Faith (16)
- 1 Corinthians: When God’s People Are Messy (18)
- 2 Corinthians: The Power of Weakness (12)
- Philippians: A Message of Encouragement (8)
- Colossians & Philemon: Fullness of Life in Christ (9)
- 1 John/James: Faith that Lives (15)
- Four Men of God: Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David (17)
- Lifestyles of Faith, Book 1: Caleb, Gideon, Samson, Ruth, Elijah, Jehoshaphat (11)
- Lifestyles of Faith, Book 2: Naaman, Jonah, Josiah, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah (11)
- Celebrate: “Yes!” to Life in Christ (12)
- Change: Facing the Unexpected (8)
- Prayer: Communicating with God (12)
- Relationships: Connect to Others – God’s Plan (12)
- Treasures: Discovering God’s Riches (6)
Is your group experienced in Bible study?
Choose from Level 3 guides. These books and topics naturally involve background information that is covered in Levels 1 and 2.
- Matthew: God’s Promise Fulfilled (26)
- Galatians: Fully Accepted by God (9)
- Ephesians: God’s Vision for His People (12)
- 1 & 2 Thessalonians, 2 & 3 John, Jude: As You Wait for the Coming of the Lord (13)
- Hebrews: Access to God (13)
- 1 & 2 Peter: Stand Firm (10)
Need a short discussion guide?
Q Place Bible Discussion Pages and Bible Conversation Cards provide a simple format. They also key into felt needs or seasonal celebrations. These options work well to ease your group into a discussion of Scripture.
Bible Discussion Pages
Bible Discussion Pages are set up as PDFs on 8 1/2 x 11″ sheets with unique questions to guide a discussion of Scripture. You can print them for your group or send through email.
Many of these are designed for use at Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. You can invite friends to a meaningful celebration that includes a short Bible discussion as part of your time together. Other options key into a topic that may be a current felt need or question for people you know.
- 4 Bible Discussions in Times of Crisis (4)
- 4 Bible Discussions in Times of Uncertainty (4)
- “Can I Know God Personally?” (6)
- Christmas Studies (Four Individual 1-Session Discussions)
- Giving Thanks in Hard Times (Psalm 107) (1)
- Gratitude (Psalm 103) (1)
- Thankfulness (Philippians 4) (1)
- “What Is the Significance of Easter?” (1)
Bible Conversation Cards
Bible Conversation Cards are set up 3/sheet in a downloadable PDF that you can print, cut, and share. These cards include a format, a standard set of simple questions, and six short Bible sections to discuss (1 per week). Guidelines are on the reverse side of each card.
- “Anxiety” (6)
- “Does My Life Have Meaning?” (6)
- “How Can Psalms Help Us Pray?” (6)
- “Is There More to Life Than This?” (6)
- “Marriage” (6)
- “Parenting” (6)
- “Where’s God When I Hurt?” (6)
- “Who Is Jesus?” (6)
Looking for any of Q Place's Bible Discussion Guides? Find the whole list here, with links to our web store where you can order them.Read More >
Have you experienced a Bible study discussion that takes off—where everyone is involved and tracking together? A thrill goes through...Read More >
Whether in a business meeting or in a spiritual discussion group, keeping focused on what you set out to do doesn’t happen naturally. It takes...Read More >
What would cause someone to believe Jesus bodily rose from the dead? And what difference does it make? At first “Dan” told our Q Place group that...Read More >
Editor’s Note: Occasionally we feature ideas for what your group can study next. If your group is experienced in Bible study, As You Wait for the...Read More >