Explore God’s “7 Big Questions” Discussion Questions
After you watch one of the 7 Big Questions videos, use these questions
for a discussion in your group.
1A – “DOES LIFE HAVE A PURPOSE?” PULSE OF THE WORLD
- Did you identify with anyone’s expressed views in the film? If so, who and what resonated with you?
- Are you surprised to learn that 85 percent of people are clear about the meaning and purpose of their life (64 percent strongly agree and 21 percent somewhat agree)?
- Why or why not?
1B – “DOES LIFE HAVE A PURPOSE?” CURIOSITY COLLECTIVE
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in this Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- In the video, Lysa observed, “If I could just discover the right thing, a better job, financial blessing, the right person to love me, the right kids with the right accolades, then I’d feel satisfied.” In what things have you sought satisfaction? Did it satisfy?
- Can you share both a time when life seemed like a random series of events and a time when it seemed like there was an intentional plan unfolding?
- In what ways might someone’s view of eternity affect their sense of meaning and purpose?
- If you believe we all have a purpose, what role does God play in that—if any?
- Jesus states in Matthew 7:7, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” How do you think that statement would relate to the question of finding purpose in life?