- Pray to find two other Christians (initiators) that would join you in this adventure to form a triad for starting a Q Place. Invite them to join you.
- Start meeting as a triad and praying about people God has “given” you in your life to talk about God. Get to know and trust one another.
- Begin studying, discussing, and practicing The 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversations. Remember that noticing, praying, listening, asking questions, loving, and welcoming are paving the way for opportunities to develop relationships with those you are praying about inviting. Be ready for God to do the unexpected!
- Read and discuss the How to Start a Q Place book in your Initiator training group or in your triad.
- Plan your Q Place launch date/location.
Keep praying regularly for God to find your two co-initiators for your Q Place! Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NLT) reminds us,
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Jesus doesn’t send us out alone. Remember you are on a long walk in the same direction, so let’s follow the advice of the old African Proverb, “If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together.” Let’s make sure that we find our “cord of three strands.”