Q Place has a growing number of resources, events, and people to help you start a Q Place. Here are some of our key supportive resources:
1. How to Start a Q Place guides you through the process of launching and sustaining a small group for spiritual seekers.
2. Q Place Coaching groups of 8-10 people meet weekly by video conference call to go through the book How to Start a Q Place with an experienced Q Place facilitator. The regular weekly support, prayer, and learning that occurs in this group is foundational to your ability to start a Q Place. Your only cost is the book How to Start a Q Place; coaches will provide access to all supplemental resources—and it’s free!
3. The 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversations: Q Place equips Christians to walk alongside people who believe differently with curriculum called Practicing the 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversations, which is available in a short Primer format (with 9 sessions) and as a Complete Guide (with all 36 sessions). The 9 Arts Primer is a companion to The 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversations book by Mary Schaller and John Crilly, and will help you practice and master skills needed for meaningful spiritual conversations.
The 9 Arts of Spiritual Conversations includes the Arts of:
- Asking Questions
- Serving Together
4. Q Place Blog: This is the place to go for a wealth of information that helps in every aspect of starting and facilitating a Q Place. It's filled with fresh ideas, time-tested tips, and stories that will encourage and inspire you. You can sign up to have email notifications whenever there's a new post in the blog. Additionally, you can send your questions in to Q Place Blog, and Fran Goodrich, veteran Q Place initiator and editor of the blog, will respond to them. You may even see your question featured on the blog!
5. VITAL Events: Q Place holds regional events in locations across the country to explore how we can better relate to people in today’s culture and engage them in ongoing conversations about life, God, and the Bible.