The Curiosity Collective: Is Christianity Too Narrow?
Questions for Discussion
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- Does the media represent Christianity accurately? Do Christians represent Christianity accurately?
- In the video, Corey suggests, “When people say that all religions are the same, that sounds really humble and tolerant.” Why does he go on to say that those claims are actually exclusive?
- How have people used religion for good? For bad?
- What are some examples in which most people believe that narrow ideas are good?
- What exclusive claims do you hold? Do you allow yourself to be vulnerable when discussing your views with others?
- In Jeremiah 29:4-11, God calls his people to be present in their city in a way that enables it to flourish, while remaining focused on God. “‘Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper’” (Jeremiah 29:7). What are some practical ways you can seek the peace and prosperity of your city? How might these actions contribute to the common good in the world?