The Curiosity Collective: Why Does God Allow Pain and Suffering?
Questions for Discussion
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult is it for you to reconcile the existence of both suffering and God (1 = easy; 10 = impossible)? Why?
- One of the Pulse speakers noted, “Some of the best lessons I’ve learned in life . . . came from very painful times.” In what ways might good come from bad? Do you have any experience with this?
- If there's a God, why do you think he allows evil in the world?
- In the video, what did you think of James’s suggestion that God “understands our suffering . . . [and] is seeking to heal it”?
- In Romans 8:18, the apostle Paul says, “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” What do you think it would take for you to be able to agree with Paul?